Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up...

This is one of those stories that didn't appear funny until afterwards . I was actually very concerned as i took off running down Lee Street ,to aid an elderly gentleman, trapped in the an imaginary death grip by the asphalt.

His name is Otis ...i think that his name is Otis ,because he smelled like an Otis. He smelled like a dog  slept in his clothes before he put them on .His breathe hit my nostrils like Mike Tyson in his prime...his arms smelled like an old jar of pickled eggs in the candy lady house. However , he looked like a helpless baby ,lying in that street this night. He was so frail, that honestly, i believed that he was a plastic bag blowing in the wind until i saw him in the headlights of the first car that swerved to miss him. My son Zairre and i took off running at the same time,but Zairre thought that i was racing him until we reached Otis. Otis was beaten and battered when i reached his side so the first question i asked him was "Did somebody beat your ass man?"..Otis responds ,"Hell No Nigga, Help me up Goddamit!" i laughed at this response and so did my son. My son looked at me and said "Daddy, what if he shoot you?" i just told him to back up ...after i laughed of course. So i helped Otis up and moved him over to the sidewalk and laid him down  in the grass . He was asking me to help him to his feet ,but when i was carrying him to the sidewalk...he couldn't even place his feet steadily on the ground. I was still very worried bout him so i remained at his side as the police pulled up...the cop wasn't concerned about Otis..he thought that i  had beaten Otis' ass myself. I took that as my cue to move on,but the last thing tat i told Otis was..."don't get agitated, this officer is here to help. you not hurt you"..Otis said Shhhhhhhid ,the hell you say"...i laughed stood up and kicked otis' beer into the high grass so that the officer wouldn't see it and walked off...when my son ,my roomie and i finished our walk...i  haven't seen Otis since that night ,but when i do , i will buy him a beer...because i drunk his beer later on...lol 

No comments:

Post a Comment